Applications are open
Get up to £10,000 of our £350,000 Thriving Communities Fund on Crowdfunder!
£10,000 grants are available for not-for-profit groups and organisations that can clearly demonstrate how their services and projects help deliver cohesive, sustainable, resilient communities.
Last year we pledged £358,548 towards 81 projects being delivered in our communities. Crowdfunding meant that for every £1 pledged by us, projects received an additional £3! So a total of £1,388,508 was raised for our communities through Crowdfunder.
If you are benefitting SNG communities and customers and delivering projects that share one of our priority themes, we want to hear from you!
What we will fund
The funding is available for projects that support SNG customers and communities around these key areas:
- Youth: projects that encourage and support young people to steer initiatives, achieve their aspirations and transition from where they are to where they want to be.
- Health and well-being: projects that help to create communities where people can feel well and live well.
- Ageing-well: projects that invest in the development of more inclusive and age friendly communities that respond to the needs of its population and aim to improve quality of life.
- Social Inclusion and Isolation (including EDI): projects that promote equal opportunities, enhance participation and create a positive culture and sense of belonging.
- Environment & Place: projects that strengthen capacity and work together to create lasting improvements in local communities.
- Customer Voice: projects that create spaces where customer voices can be heard and empower them to influence, take action and make a difference.
- Employment support: projects that increase employment and training opportunities including accessing work, better work and vocational qualification.
- Food Insecurity: projects that provide access to food for those in financial hardship.
- Digital Inclusion and skills: projects that focus on increasing access to digital skills, equipment, and connectivity.
- Money matters and debt - projects that focus on developing financial skills, increasing income and reducing debt for those in financial hardship.
We can fund projects across the South West, London and Hertfordshire, with the map below showing where we have homes. Projects need to take place in these areas.
Read our FAQs at the bottom of the page to find out more about the grants and how to apply,
If you aren’t sure if you meet the eligibility criteria and want to discuss your project with us before applying, please contact our Grants Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to help.
Find out more about some of our previously funded projects below.
Coexist Community Kitchen - Bringing a community together through food
- Provides cookery classes and food provision to confront food poverty
- Raised £33,068 from 128 supporters
- £20k+ extra funding from Sovereign
Koala Community Hub: supporting autistic and neurodivergent people
- Supports autistic and neurodivergent members of the community
- £13,481 raised from 78 supporters
- £9.5k+ extra funding received from Sovereign
Bath City Farm: promoting mental wellbeing through animals and nature
- Raised £33,905 from 228 supporters
- +£3,000 Extra funding from Sovereign Thriving Communities Fund
- To provide education, training and therapeutic activities to people in the local community