Sovereign is one of the largest housing associations in the country
Our strategy is to continue to grow, staying financially strong through good governance and performance management so we can invest more in the things that matter - building more homes and making better places.
To achieve our commercial and social goals, we need a diverse range of funding which is cost-effectively structured to provide the necessary investment funds and maintain liquidity. This includes an appropriate mix of bond and bank finance.
Our ratings and assessments
Sovereign has some of the strongest ratings in the sector. We were awarded the highest ratings possible by the Regulator for Social Housing for both governance and viability following in an In-Depth Assessment in April 2018.
Standard & Poor's: A+
Regulator of Social Housing: G1 V1
- Moody's credit opinion December 2020
- Standard & Poor's rating report October 2020
- Press Release: Moody’s Ratings has affirmed Sovereign’s ‘A2’ rating
Annual report and latest quarterly statement
View our accounts and reports from previous years over on our Corporate publications page.
You can also read more about our operational and financial performance in our Quarterly Update.
Annual Funders' Day
We hold a Funder's Day in October / November where current and potential investors can meet our Executive Board and hear about our performance and future strategy.
Public debt issuances
Sovereign Housing Capital plc, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Registered Provider (RP) Sovereign Housing Association Ltd has issued Medium Term Notes (MTN) as follows:
|Date issued|| Maturity Date|| Issued Amount|| Coupon|| Interest paid|| Date |
|2009||2039||£175m||5.705%||Semi-annual||10 September / 10 March|
|2012||2043||£250m||4.768%||Semi-annual||1 June / 1 December|
|2019||2048||£375m||2.375%||Semi-annual||4 May / 4 November|
- Constitutional Documents of the Issuer
- Constitutional Documents of the Borrower
- Valuation Report
- Bond Trust Deed
- Security Trust Deed (2006)
- Accession Memorandum to the Security Trust Deed
Quarterly performance reports
- Quarterly performance update Q4 2020/21
- Quarterly performance update Q3 2020/21
- Quarterly performance update Q2 2020/21
- Quarterly performance update Q1 2020/21
- Quarterly performance update Q4 2019/20
- Quarterly performance update Q3 2019/20
- Quarterly performance update Q2 2019/20
- Quarterly performance update Q1 2019/20