Equality and Inclusion
We embrace diversity in the workplace so that our people bring different ideas, innovation and creativity to what we do. To us, diversity means more than colour, religion, disability and sexuality. It also means things like people's hobbies, passions and personalities. We're interested in and inspired by the rich variety of experience and knowledge in our truly diverse and inclusive working community, and we encourage and celebrate it.
How do we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in practice?
- We're an equal opportunities employer. We won't treat people unfairly based upon their sex, age, disability, gender identity, martial status, pregnancy, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- We operate robust and inclusive recruitment processes, recognised by our Investors in People gold accreditation.
- We're a Disability Confident Employer. If you're disabled and have any specific requirements for your interview, please let us know.
- We run a Women in Trades programme to increase the number of females in our trade roles. We've recently gained gold membership with Women in Construction too.
- Our EDI Forum (made up of employees across the organisation) regularly meet to discuss our approach to equality, diversity and inclusion, as well as setting targets for us to work towards.
- We collect inclusion data as part of the application process and during employment so we can keep improving. This data is anonymous and not used by recruiting managers or others in relation to you.
- We think about EDI in what we do – whether that's our family friendly policies, flexible working approaches or internal campaigns to get people talking about diversity in their teams.
There's always more to do though, so if you're passionate about EDI you'll find plenty of opportunities to get stuck in and shape what we do. What matters to you matters to us.