Finding and moving home

We provide a wide range of good quality, affordable accommodation to suit your needs and situation.  

Our looking for a home section tells you more about all the options: from rented homes to shared ownership. We also have specific housing for over-55s or accommodation if you need a bit more support: from temporary housing to supported or extra-care housing. 

The ‘Pathway to your home’ page (and video) help you get ready to apply for a tenancy – including the rights and responsibilities that go with this. Our Yellow Brick Road project also supports younger people to develop the skills they need to get and keep a tenancy. 

If you’re already a tenant and would like to move, you can register for a transfer through your local authority (council) or look to find someone to swap with through a mutual exchange – including via HomeSwapper, a free online service. Find out how to make sure you’re mutual exchange ready and how we’ll check the condition of your home if you’ve applied for a transfer or exchange. 

If you want to move out, we take you through the process and what you need to do before you go. 

Looking for a home

As well as people on a lower income (and registered with their local council); we offer homes to rent for over 55s (supported and extra care schemes), and shared ownership and private rent. 

Find out more

Moving through Sovereign Home Transfer

If you have a tenancy with us, you can look at moving from your home to another Sovereign property through Sovereign Home Transfer.

Find out more

Are you mutual exchange ready?

Interested in a home swap with another social housing tenant? Find out how a mutual exchange works and what you need to do to get ready to apply.  

Find out more

Our RightSizing offer

Our RightSizing offer supports residents living in larger homes who want to move, freeing them up for bigger families.

Find out more

Checking the condition of your home

If you’ve applied for a mutual exchange or transfer, this page tells you about the checks we’ll need to make into the condition of your home. 

Find out more

What to do when you move out

If you have an assured, secure or fixed term tenancy and want to move out of your home, you need to give us four weeks’ notice. This page tells you more - and what else you’ll need to do. 

Find out more