Scrutiny Coordination Group (SCG)
Our Scrutiny Coordination Group (SCG) is made up of resident volunteers who embed and make scrutiny a valued tool for monitoring, managing and developing our services.
The group plans a rolling programme to scrutinise our services, then recommends ways we can evolve our offer to customers.
The SCG meets six times a year to:
- Develop and establish a framework for our resident scrutiny.
- Develop the role of scrutineers, including recruitment, training/personal development, support packages and succession.
- Agree an 18-month scheduled rolling scrutiny programme that makes linkages across services.
- Manage the scrutiny budget agreed with the Board and agree the budget/resource for each agreed scrutiny.
- Agree the criteria and scope of each scrutiny, including who’s involved, making sure there’s consistency and appreciating that differing approaches may be necessary to meet local circumstances.
- Analyse findings and recommendations from each scrutiny.
- Ensure follow-through of recommendations from all scrutinies and follow up if recommendations aren't being delivered or fully implemented.
- Regularly report progress and outcomes from the scrutiny programme to the Board and Resident and Board Partnership.
- Look at other businesses to identify good practice in scrutiny reviews.
- Regularly communicate the outcomes and impact of scrutiny to other residents, through various communication channel
The SCG has carried out scrutinies across many of our service areas – read about their latest findings.