Key worker accommodation made easy – welcome to Sovereign Reading
After a busy shift, you need an easy commute to an affordable home. Our various accommodation options across Reading are ideal for NHS staff and other key workers, providing a place to stay after a hard day.
We have sites conveniently located opposite Royal Berkshire Hospital, and others in easy reach of Prospect Hospital, the fire station and local schools. Close to the vibrant town centre, our furnished accommodation offers en-suite rooms in shared properties plus studios and apartments; perfect for both short term and long term stays.
Why stay with us?
- Flexible stay duration
- Affordable – no deposit or agency fees
- Convenient for hospitals and local bus routes
- On-site permit parking at most sites
- Shared gardens in some locations
- Trusted landlord
- Local management team
- Option to pay direct from salary if you work for the NHS
- Utility bills, council tax and contents insurance are available at some of our sites/properties. Please refer to our price overview for further information [pdf, 82KB] .
- Fully furnished accommodation, including bedding and towels.
- Use of laundry facilities (self-contained properties have own laundry facilities, shared accommodation has use of laundry facilities in a shared kitchen).
- Cycle storage at most sites.
- Weekly housekeeping for communal areas.
Opposite Royal Berkshire Hospital, Redlane Court offers rooms in shared flats with shared bathrooms and kitchens, plus some en-suite rooms with shared kitchens. All are furnished with bed linen, towels and fully fitted kitchens. Fully maintained, with wi-fi, a shared open garden, secure bike storage and external CCTV. Permit parking is available and we offer an on-site management team.
Just across the road from the Royal Berkshire Hospital. Mainly rooms in shared apartments but we have some family apartments too. Fully-maintained, wi-fi and shared open garden area for all to enjoy.
Norfolk House and Suffolk House
Across the road from the Royal Berkshire Hospital. A selection of fully furnished en-suite rooms (sharing a kitchen) and studio rooms (with a kitchen) and wi-fi. Shared open garden area. Only 20 minutes walk to town centre.
Sutton Walk and The Mount
Family houses a short walk away from the Royal Berkshire Hospital (less than a mile).
Furnished, self contained one and two bedroom apartments just a short walk from Royal Berkshire Hospital – offering a shared garden and external CCTV.
About a mile from Prospect Hospital, Merlin Lodge offers furnished en-suite rooms with a shared kitchen, and studios with own kitchen. Wi-fi included, laundry facilities are available, as well as a shared garden and external CCTV.
Around one mile from Prospect Hospital, Pendragon Court offers furnished en-suite rooms with a shared kitchen, plus one bedroom self contained apartments. Wi-fi included, shared garden and external CCTV.
- Price overview [pdf / 82KB]
- Reading office map [pdf / 103.75KB]
- Accommodation and hospital site plan [docx / 173.88]
- Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Ways to pay for your stay
- Short stay terms and conditions
- Long stay terms and conditions
- Residents' code of conduct
- Key Worker eligibility [pdf / 50.34KB]