Key worker accommodation - Resident code of conduct
- When you’re talking to other residents and members of the Sovereign team please be courteous and respectful.
- If you’re in dispute with another resident, you must attempt to resolve the issue yourself. If it can’t be resolved only then should you involve a member of the accommodation team.
- Out of hours calls are for emergencies only such as total loss of heating/hot water or water/gas leak.
- When leaving the accommodation please keep all doors and windows securely closed.
- Please don’t allow people to tail gate as it compromises the security of all residents.
- Keep your personal possessions in your own room.
- Do not leave your belongings in hallways as this creates a fire hazard.
- When sharing kitchens, bathrooms, showers and communal toilets please clear up after yourself.
- All residents have a right to sleep in peace. Be aware that in many buildings noise travels up and down as well as sideways, particularly at night and from outside areas
- The sound of music/TV’s/games systems between the hours of 11pm-7am should be kept to a minimum. Be aware of noise made during the day as others may be sleeping.
- Keep your phone/skype/facetime calls private and conduct them at a reasonable volume.
- Be considerate when closing doors, don’t let doors slam shut.
- Visitors should leave by 11pm and overnight guests should be booked into the accommodation with the accommodation office.
- Subletting, sofa surfing or room sharing is not allowed.
Health and Safety
- Don’t interfere with or misuse any fire fighting or fire detection equipment in the accommodation.
- You’re not permitted to light naked flames which include candles, aromatherapy burners, oil burners and incense.
- Please comply with fire regulations and ensure fire doors are never wedged open.
- Always use an official charger for your phone/appliance which meets UK safety standards.
- Don’t overload plug sockets and avoid leaving electrical chargers on unattended and overnight.
- Don’t cover or place items on or adjacent to any electric heaters especially items that are wet.
- Possessing, using, selling or being under the influence of illegal drugs and/or use of medication for purposes other than those for which they have been prescribed is forbidden and will be reported to the Police.
- Pets aren’t allowed in the accommodation.
- Don’t smoke cigarettes, shisha, or any other tobacco based product in the accommodation, this includes e-cigarettes.
- When smoking outside (where permitted) consideration should be given to open windows where smoke may travel.