Sovereign Home Transfer

Due to extremely high demand and low number of suitable homes available, we are not accepting any new applications to Sovereign Home Transfer. 

Only those currently in Band 1 Opens in new window will remain on the waiting list. However, we will be carrying out a review of all band 1 cases to ensure they still have a priority need.

If you’re an existing Sovereign customer and in Band 2-4 you’ll need to find alternative ways to move.

Please instead try these other moving options:

Mutual exchange

Swap your home with another resident – you can search for available properties on HomeSwapper.

Local authority

You can register on your local housing list and bid for homes. Find out which local authority area you’re in by clicking on the map at the bottom of our Renting a home page.

Private rent

You can search for a home to rent in the private sector – but this can be more expensive and with a less secure tenancy. Don’t give up your social housing tenancy without thinking carefully about your options, as you’re not guaranteed to get another tenancy in the future.