Home contents insurance

Did you know that Sovereign insures the building in which you live, but we don’t insure your personal contents? This is why we suggest that all our residents consider having home contents insurance for their home.

Home contents insurance is designed to help protect your personal and home possessions. No matter how careful you are, accidents will happen and there’s always a risk that your belongings could be damaged or stolen.

Sovereign have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. 

This home contents insurance scheme can offer you protection for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

If you can’t afford to replace it, you should think about insuring it.

To find out more or apply, call My Home on 0345 450 7288 or email insurance.team@sovereign.org.uk.

 You can pay as you go - Fortnightly, monthly or annually, by your preferred payment method.

  • No need to change the locks - There are no minimum property security requirements (just a lockable front door).
  • The cover is new for old - With no deductions for wear and tear (except for clothing and linen).
  • All Sovereign residents are eligible to apply - This policy is specially designed for Sovereign residents.
  • There's no excess to pay - You won’t have to fork out when you make a claim.

(For Sovereign employees referring a customer to the service, please find details on your intranet)
It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you to make an informed decision. Contents insurance is available from many different providers and you may use another service. Please check the cover is exactly what you need.

Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our insurance partner doesn't currently offer a Takaful product, but this is something we're looking into for residents that may not be able to take out a traditional insurance policy.