Home contents insurance
Former Network Homes customers
If you're a former Network Homes customer (London and Hertfordshire), you can find more information and apply for home contents insurance here.
Why do I need it?
Did you know that Sovereign insures the building in which you live, but we don’t insure your personal belongings and home contents? It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.
To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Sovereign have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.
The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
How do you get further information?
- Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
- Alternatively, please visit the My Home website for more information or to request a call back.
- Or email email@example.com
Some of the benefits:
- No need to change the locks - There are no minimum property security requirements (just a lockable front door).
- The cover is new for old - With no deductions for wear and tear (except for clothing and linen).
- All Sovereign residents are eligible to apply - This policy is specially designed for Sovereign residents.
- There's no excess to pay - You won’t have to fork out when you make a claim.
Watch the video below to find out more about My Home contents insurance.
Limits and exclusions apply. A copy of the policy wording is available on request.
The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.
It is important to protect your belongings and your Landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.