Looking after our grounds and communal areas
We’re responsible for keeping any grounds around your home that we own, as well as any communal areas, clean and well-maintained.
- Repairing and maintaining our homes, grounds and communal areas.
- We’ll work to make sure our neighbourhoods are safe, completing repairs outside the home quickly.
- Checking any contractors are doing a good job.
- Looking after your home and garden (if you have one).
- Reporting any repairs in your home, communal areas or neighbourhood quickly.
- Keeping communal areas tidy and clear of things like bikes, buggies or scooters – to make sure escape routes are clear, in the event of a fire.
- Letting us know if maintenance is needed in your neighbourhood – especially if we need to deal with anything that might cause an accident.
Spring 2022 update - grounds maintenance in Berkshire
We've been listening to feedback from our customers so, from 1 March 2022, we’re bringing grounds maintenance in-house in Berkshire. This means that, if you live in the county, you’ll soon be seeing Sovereign operatives on site instead of contractors - looking after the areas of land that we’re responsible for.