All our services are operational and we're continuing with extra safety measures, like wearing a face covering when we visit you. But we're still being affected by external factors, such as national shortages of certain materials and skilled labour, which sometimes make it difficult to provide the level of customer service we're committed to.
With Covid-19 case numbers rising, we're also seeing an increase in sickness absence. If you have an appointment, we'll do everything we can to meet this but may need to reschedule some visits. You may also need to be prepared for a longer wait for some services.
If we're struggling to deliver a service in a timely way, we’ll explain this and tell you when we expect to be able to do so. We’ll obviously continue to prioritise emergency and essential services.
We'll also keep monitoring the national situation in case we need to amend our services - and share any updates here if that is the case.
What we’re asking of you
- In case our contact channels are busier than normal, you may find answers to your queries on our advice and guides pages. You can also access information on a wide range of topics, and undertake many transactions by registering to make payments, check your rent balance, log a repair and much more.
- Now we're in the colder months, why not check out our useful tips on how to prepare your home for winter.
- If you’ve already reported a repair and we’ve explained that there’s a problem and it will be delayed, please don’t contact us to chase it. (Of course, you should still get in touch if you have an emergency, or a delayed repair deteriorates and becomes a danger.)
- We’re progressing mutual exchanges and other tenancy and neighbourhood actions as quickly as we can so, again, we would ask you to limit follow up calls about these.
We remain committed to providing the highest level of service, and to returning to better levels of service as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support and please stay safe and well.
Keeping you safe
While infection rates are still high, we're continuing with safety measures to keep our customers and employees as safe as possible.
We’ve carried out risk assessments on working safely and introduced twice-weekly Covid lateral flow testing for employees who visit residents. Please do your part by continuing to follow the guidance on protecting yourself and others from Covid-19.
You can also help by:
- Making sure we have your contact details – it's easiest to register on MySovereign to update them
- Telling us if you need to change your appointment time
- Letting us know if someone in your household’s tested positive or has symptoms and is waiting for a test. You can let us know here.
If we’re visiting, we’d also ask you to:
- Wear a face covering when we’re working in your home
- Leave the room where we’re working, to give our teams space – or stay 2 metres away if not
- Keep children and pets away from where we’re working
- Leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles
- Open the windows or external doors in rooms where we’ll be working (where you can) - government advice is to let plenty of fresh air in whenever you have people working in or visiting your home.
Please note that our people always have the right to leave a home if they don’t feel safe for any reason. If so, we ask them to contact a manager so that we can review the situation and decide how best to resolve it.
We also have internal experts and specialist partners you can talk to about paying rent and managing debts; claiming benefits; other financial and mental health concerns; or finding work and training.
We also have a range of grants available for individuals and for local community groups.
Please get in touch if you're facing or feel at risk of domestic abuse or have lost a loved one, as we can help you find the support you need.
Get in touch
We're here for you and listening to you, so:
- Contact us on 0300 5000 926 if you need support (0300 330 9496 if you're a market rent customer). If you are in our key worker or student accommodation, please contact your on-site team
Please note: We've seen an increase in customer requests over the last few months. It's worth noting that Mondays are usually busiest, so please get in touch another day if it isn't urgent. There are many actions you can do yourself on MySovereign around the clock.
Our minor repair video guides on this page may also help in some cases - there’s advice on things like topping up the pressure in your boiler, resetting a trip switch on your fuse box and testing your smoke alarm.
Message from our Chief Executive
Here’s a short video message from Mark Washer, Chief Executive:
Income and rents (Covid-19)
Some useful information, questions and answers and links to sources of support if Covid-19 is affecting your income or ability to pay your rent.
Repairs and maintenance (Covid-19)
The latest information on the impact of Covid-19 on our repairs and maintenance services, and how to keep everyone safe. Please remember to let us know that you’re unwell if we’re due to visit.
Working safely in your home (Covid-19)
We’re continuing to follow safety measures to keep everyone safe when we visit. Find out what we’ll do and how you can help when we visit, such as opening windows and staying in another room.
Moving home (Covid-19)
Hear how we’ve changed some of our processes to keep you safe if you’re moving - and more about any timescale and service changes.