Are you struggling with debt and unsure about where to turn for help? Or feeling overwhelmed by which Debt Solution may be right for you? Maybe you’re getting letters but don’t feel able to open them?
At SNG we understand that financial difficulties can affect us all, and we're here to support you through these challenging times. Our Debt Advice service is designed to provide you with the guidance and assistance you need to regain control of your finances and work towards a brighter financial future.
What is our Debt Advice service?
Our Debt Advice service is a dedicated team designed to assist our customers in managing and overcoming their debt issues. We believe that everyone deserves a chance to achieve financial stability, and we're here to provide expert guidance and support to make that possible.
What can we do for you?
- Expert guidance: Our dedicated Debt Advice team specialise in working with SNG customers. They are here to provide you with tailored guidance and support.
- Budgeting assistance: Our Debt Advisors are trained to deliver in-depth budgeting support. Life can be busy, it’s easy to not know what’s coming in or going out. We can help you create a realistic budget that’s tailored to you and prevents future debt issues.
- Grants and funding: There is a wide range of external funding available that many people just don’t know about. We can help you to access relevant grants and funding to reduce your debt and support you into a brighter future.
- Regulated advice: We work with our National Money Partner for tailored and regulated Debt Advice. Based on your circumstances and after discussions with us, we can refer you on to them, working with you to ultimately achieve a Debt Solution that works for you.
- Information, education and resources: There’s a lot of information out there about various Debt Solutions. If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all and unsure what to do, then let us know. We are happy to give you further information and direct you to an appropriate partner to obtain the Debt Solution that’s right for you.
- Alternative referrals: At SNG we have a wide range of support available to our customers. If you need support from another team, we can ensure that we work together to provide the right outcome for you. This might be support getting online from our Digital Inclusion team, or support with benefit appeals from our Customer Income Advice team. Maybe you’re self-employed, or looking for work, so we can refer you to our Employment and Skills team.
Find out how we helped Mary
Worried about money?
Find out how we can help
Single mum Mary, 22, was referred for debt advice due to gas arrears
We completed an in-depth income and expenditure assessment which highlighted her disposable income
Which was less than £10pm
We helped her:
Clear £342 energy debt
Get her gas uncapped, meaning she could heat her home and keep her children warm
Apply for Child Benefit, which was also backdated
Access a local Baby Bank charity for essential items
How to get started?
Reaching out for help is the first step to regaining control of your financial wellbeing. You can contact us in several ways:
Our direct line: 01173 170 701
The SNG Customer Service team (ask for the Debt Advice team): 0300 5000 926
Completing this short form: Contact Form
Dropping us a quick email, with your name, contact information, and address, as well as a short summary of how we can help: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t feel comfortable speaking with us, we understand, therefore we have listed the following organisations who also offer FREE debt advice:
Please remember that some companies may offer to help you with your debts but will charge you. You should never need to pay for specialist debt advice
What action can you take today?
Are you thinking about starting a new job and wondering how it might impact your financial situation or benefits? Or perhaps you’re considering making some changes to your household budget?
To see what affect changing your circumstances could have, fill in our Better Off Calculator.
Budgeting plays a pivotal role within our Debt Advice Service at SNG. It is the linchpin for our clients seeking financial relief and stability. By creating and adhering to a well-structured budget, you can regain control of your finances, manage debt, and pave the way toward a debt-free future. Budgeting empowers you to understand your income, track your expenses, and identify areas where you can make necessary adjustments. It is the first step towards informed financial decisions and ensuring that your financial resources are used effectively. Our Debt Advice Service is here to guide you through this process, helping you build a sustainable budget tailored to your unique circumstances.
There are some great online resources to help you build your budget from the comfort of your own home:
At SNG, we're committed to protecting our community from the dangers of loan sharks and predatory lending practices. Loan sharks are unregulated, illegal lenders who exploit those in financial distress, trapping them in a vicious cycle of debt with exorbitant interest rates and coercive tactics. If you've fallen victim to these practices or suspect someone is involved with loan sharks, it's crucial to seek help immediately. Our Debt Advice Service can guide you on how to report such activities to the appropriate authorities. Additionally, you can contact the Police or organizations like Citizens Advice Bureau for further assistance and legal recourse. You can further information on Loan Sharks below:
We know it can be daunting, but we are here to help. Just talk to us at SNG. We can figure out a plan to make it easier for you to pay or connect you with others who can help you out. Don't worry; we're here for you and want to make sure we can work with you
Find how we helped