Making a complaint

We want to make it as easy as possible for you to tell us when you feel something’s gone wrong. 

You can read more about giving us feedback, including ways you can get in touch and our customer policy. 

If you’re not happy with a service we’ve provided, please get in touch. You can speak to us online, over social media, by phone, by post or in person.

You can also contact us if you’d like any of our complaints information in another format or language.

Once we’ve heard from you, we’ll:

  • Make sure we understand what’s happened from your view point and look for a solution.
  • Be clear about what we can and can’t do.
  • Sort out your issue if we can.
  • Tell you who’ll be able to help if the issue is complex.
  • Keep in touch until everything’s sorted out.
  • Look at the cause of the issue so we can stop it happening again.


As a charitable organisation, we rarely offer compensation, unless you’ve suffered financial loss (like damage to your personal belongings) or paid for a service you didn’t receive.

When deciding on any compensation, we’ll consider:

  • How much you’ve been disrupted. 
  • How long it’s taken to put things right. 
  • If you’ve suffered significant distress.

If you’re not happy with our response

If you are not happy with our response we will ask an appropriate Senior Manager to review your complaint. If we’ve done all we reasonably can but you’re still unhappy, you can ask your local councillor or MP to get involved, or ask the Housing Ombudsman Service to look into your complaint. The ombudsman will gather the facts from everyone involved and then make a final decision.

Response to the Housing Ombudsman

The Housing Ombudsman Service has created a new Code that defines best practice for handling complaints. We’ve consulted with the Ombudsman and completed a self-assessment against the Code. Please take a look at our response.