What to expect from operatives and contractors
Our employees and contractors follow our code of conduct to make sure they give you a great service. They must complete their work professionally and without causing you any unnecessary disruption.
Before the works they'll
- Agree in advance the date and time of any home visits.
- Write to you to explain what they’re planning to do and give you their contact details.
- Arrange a visit before the works begin if necessary, to discuss the plans.
- Let you know if they need to change an appointment, and re-book the appointment.
During the works, operatives and contractors will
- Wear identification badges with their photograph.
- Explain to you what they’re going to do.
- Carry out all work in a safe and professional manner and follow health and safety regulations.
- Treat your possessions with respect, including using suitable protection, such as dustsheets, to prevent dirt, dust or other damage.
- Clear away all dust and rubbish from your home at the end of each day.
- Make sure your home is secure at all times, and let you know if doors and windows have to be left open.
- Use radios or CD players.
- Move any of your possessions without your permission.
- Use anything in your home, including electricity, gas or water, without your permission.
- Enter your home if only a child is present – if no adult over 18 is in the home, they'll have to cancel the appointment and you’ll have to re-book it.
In return we hope you will
- Keep appointments and allow us to enter your home.
- Let us know if you can’t make an appointment.
- Be ready for the work to be carried out in your home, including moving anything that may get in the way of the work.
- Be considerate towards our employees and contractors.
After the work is completed
- We’ll make sure you’re completely satisfied with the work, and leave the area clean and tidy.
- If it’s not possible to complete the work, we’ll make sure the property is safe and arrange a new date to finish it.
If you're unhappy with anything our employees or contractors do or say please contact us.
Working safely during Covid-19
We have introduced additional safety measures and ways of working to keep everyone safe during the coronavirus pandemic. Our working safely in your home (Covid-19) page tells you more, including what we'd ask you to do to support this.