Scammers are criminals who pretend to be from well-known organisations to convince people to give them money or to get inside their homes.
This can be worrying – but there are things you can do to protect yourself.
If someone knocks on your door, calls or messages you saying they’re from Sovereign and you feel unsure, please always follow the guidelines and information below:
- Always ask for ID and call us on 0300 5000 926 if unsure. A legitimate visitor won’t mind waiting or coming back later while details are checked.
- Never give money or personal information – like bank account details – to someone who knocks on the door, calls or messages.
- Our own repairs teams will always be in uniform and have a Sovereign van.
- If we’re sending contractors, we’ll often have written to you beforehand to explain who to expect and what work will be carried out.
- If someone calls unexpectedly saying they are working for, or on behalf of, Sovereign, ask them to wait outside and shut the door. Then call us on 0300 5000 926 to check.
Also, it’s important to stress that genuine texts about a refund from Sovereign will always:
- Come ‘From Sovereign’ – NOT a mobile number.
- Be from a named contact.
- Ask you to call our central customer helpline on 0300 5000 926 (so that forms can be sent out and filled in).
Lastly, genuine requests for pictures from Sovereign, will always be:
- About an issue you are already talking to us about.
- From a person that you’ve already had contact with from Sovereign.
- From a mobile number you are expecting (we will always tell you the number, so you know it can be trusted).
If you have any doubts about a visitor from Sovereign, then please ask them to wait outside and ring us on 0300 5000 926.
Action Fraud is the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime where you can report fraud if you’ve been scammed, defrauded or experienced cyber crime.