Specialist housing

Specialist housing

We offer three different kinds of specialist housing for older people and people with mental health problems or learning disabilities:

  • Older persons’ housing
  • Extra care housing
  • Specialist supported housing

If you don’t think you’re eligible for any of our specialised housing, but you still feel you need extra support in your home, please get in touch with your local authority.

Older persons’ housing

These homes are for people over the age of 55. They are usually flats with shared communal areas, or self-contained flats and bungalows. A support service may be available in some areas.

Extra care housing

For older people who need more support, this kind of accommodation offers residents around-the-clock care. These homes are normally flats with shared communal areas.

To find out more about older person’s housing or extra care housing contact the Supported Housing team. If you want to apply for older person’s housing, contact your local authority and sign up to the choice-based lettings scheme.

Specialist supported housing

This type of housing is for people who have mental health problems or learning disabilities. Our accommodation available varies from a room in a shared house to individual self-contained flats. We work closely with local authorities to make sure we provide the right home and they provide you with the right support.

To apply for specialist supported housing, you need to ask your local Mental Health team or Learning Disability team to recommend you to your local authority.