Fire safety summary
(Unique Property Reference Number – 6294)
Property Manager contact details
- Chris Eyre, Accommodation Manager
- Accommodation office: 0116 255 7482
Significant findings from Fire Risk Assessment
- Poor fire stopping to cable runs in communal corridor.
- Upgrades required to fire doors in means of escape.
- Upgrade fire alarm systems within flats.
How we are managing fire risk in the buildings
- Fire stopping works underway.
- Project to replace initial fire doors identified as needing urgent replacement has finished. A full survey, inspection and examination of all fire doors is expected to complete end of July 2019.
- Project is currently being tendered.
When the alarm sounds, get everyone in your flat out of the building using emergency fire exit routes and stairs.
Hampshire Fire And Rescue Service has also produced a useful leaflet about High Rise Living [adobe pdf / 2 MB].
Means of escape
The best escape route is usually the normal way in and out of your home. There is one route out of your building:
- the enclosed stairwell that leads to the ground floor
Do not use the lift.
Local fire authority
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service
Building construction and cladding
The items below are inspected or serviced to maintain the fire safety of your building.
Frequency of inspection
|Fire Risk Assessment (FRA)||An FRA is an inspection of the common areas of the building to check that fire safety arrangements meet legal fire safety requirements. It also identifies what else we can do to prevent fire and keep residents safe. ||Annually|
|Lift||Two passenger lifts, including one upgraded firefighting lift.||Serviced every month. Thorough inspection (LOLER) every six months|
|Communal electrics ||Communal electrical installations such as wiring, sockets and lights are inspected and tested regularly.||Every five years|
|Communal gas boiler||None present – electric heating.||Does not apply|
|Dry riser||Used by firefighters to deliver water to all levels of the building.||Six monthly and annual servicing|
|Fire detection system||Such as fire alarms and smoke detectors.||Weekly testing and servicing every three months|
|Emergency lighting||Emergency lighting (or escape lighting) lights up a safe exit route if the mains power fails.||Programme of monthly and annual tests |
|Automatic Open Vent (AOV)||Smoke control ventilation system.||Does not apply|