We use the rent and service charges we receive to provide services and carry out improvements to your home and estate. That's why it’s important you keep your payments up to date.
Rent review 2014
You should by now have received a letter from us telling you that the amount of rent you pay will be changing from 7 April. If you haven’t received your letter by 3 March please let us know.
If you have any questions about the changes to your rent do get in touch or see frequently asked questions.
If you’re struggling to pay your rent, please contact us as soon as possible. There is also lots of advice about managing your money and dealing with debt on our advice and support page.
How can I pay my rent and service charge?
- Pay by direct debit if you have a bank account, contact us for a form.
- Pay securely online through MySovereign
- Pay over the phone any time, using our automated payments line* 0844 557 8321. (Calls are charged at 1p - 13p per minute from a landline and calls from mobiles may vary.)
- Pay by text*. Register at www.allpayments.net/textpay then each time you want to make a payment, text the amount you want to pay to 81025.
- Contact your local office to pay over the phone during office hours.
- Pay at any Post Office by cash, cheque or debit card (you’ll need your rent payment card*).
- Use your rent payment card* to pay at any outlet that displays the Pay Point sign.
- Pay by cash or cheque at our Basingstoke or Newbury office using your rent payment card*. (Please make cheques payable to Sovereign Housing Association Limited.)
- Pay by cash or cheque at our Abingdon or Wantage office. (Please make cheques payable to Sovereign Housing Association Limited.)
- Post a cheque to our Abingdon office (residents who live in Oxfordshire and Borders), Basingstoke office (residents who live in Hampshire) or Newbury office (residents in all other regions). Please make cheques payable to Sovereign Housing Association Limited and include your tenancy reference number on the back.
*You will need a rent payment card for these methods of payment. If you don't have one, you can request one from your local housing team or contact us.
Please note that it may take up to two working days for payments to show on your rent account.
If you receive benefits or are on a low income, you may be entitled to help with your rent. For more information, contact the Housing Benefit team at your local council.
Did you know you can check your rent balance online? Log on to MySovereign to find out more.
Want help getting to grips with your finances? Download our guide: Managing your money [pdf / 1011KB].